Mrs. Komarek's Newsletter
All our dreams can come true-if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
All our dreams can come true-if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Dear Parents,
Welcome to a new week of school! I am enjoying getting to know your child better and learning how they learn and work best. Tonight is the Back to School Bash! I hope to see a lot of you there supporting our school. Our first field trip of the year will be this Friday. Permission slip is coming home today, it is due by Wednesday.
Curriculum News:
Welcome to a new week of school! I am enjoying getting to know your child better and learning how they learn and work best. Tonight is the Back to School Bash! I hope to see a lot of you there supporting our school. Our first field trip of the year will be this Friday. Permission slip is coming home today, it is due by Wednesday.
Curriculum News:
- Daily Five - Students are doing a great job during our Read to Self time. We have been working on making connections and using our background knowledge during reading time. During writing time students are working on a summer memory, I have also begun lessons on editing and IDEAS of the 6-Traits. High frequency words went home last week, we will have a test on Thursday.
- Math - Today we will review Topic 1 and have a test on Tuesday if I see that the students are ready. Our next Topic of study is Adding and Subtracting Whole Numbers. We have been reviewing addition/subtraction math facts as well as times tables.
- Science - My goal for my students this week is to introduce and study Wetlands and Deserts. During our field trip students will visit a wetland and the forest land zones.
- Social Studies/ART - Counties have been chosen and information has been sent home. Students are finishing up their little books on the symbols of Utah and have made a self portrait to go along with their BIO-poem.
Important Dates:
- September 13, Back to School Bash!
- September 17, Canyon Field Trip
- September 18-24, Turn off TV for a Week
- September 27, County Reports Due
- October 4-8, SEP Week and Book Fair
- October 7, August/September Reading Calendar Due
Homework:
- Daily Math and Language #4, sent home on Monday, due on Friday
- Nightly Reading, mark minutes on Aug/Sept. Reading Calendar
- County Report
I am looking forward to another great week with your children!
Michelle Komarek
No comments:
Post a Comment